VACANCY FOR ; Program Manager, Infection Prevention and Control Program – Yayasan Project HOPE
Area/ Program : Infectious Diseases
Location : Jakarta
Reports To : PH Country Representative
Supervisory Responsibility : Yes
Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization, providing lasting solutions to health problems with the mission of placing power in the hands of local health workers to save lives across the globe. Project HOPE is registered as Yayasan (Foundation) in Indonesia.
Yayasan Project HOPE supports selected Provincial and District Health Offices to Strengthen Infection Prevention Control Program and Management in the Public/Private hospitals. The program aimed to reduce morbidity of Healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) among the Health Care Workers (HCWs) especially during COVID-19. The program intervention includes:
- Provision of priority personnel protective equipment (PPE)
- IPC and COVID-19 capacity building and training (through virtual and in-person events)
- Audit for HAIs among HCWs
The Program Manager will be responsible to provide technical management on Strengthening the Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Program in Indonesia. Program Manager will lead in implementing new, high quality programs on scaling best practices on strengthening IPC program in Indonesia. The Program Manager will coordinate all aspects of scaling up a comprehensive package of program interventions in selected districts/provinces with health facilities. The role also requires the ability to multi-task and handle complex and competing priorities.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Plan, coordinate and implement the comprehensive package, including development the advocacy strategy of IPC interventions in selected districts/provinces,
2. Provide technical support to plan, implement and monitor the IPC programs (with contributions from PERDALIN)
3. Coordinate efforts to prepare a comprehensive package of curricula (using Project HOPE existing training resources) and tools for assessment, training, supervision, and monitoring and evaluation with relevant stakeholders and government.
4. Develop and implement monitoring methodology and tools for quality assurance of all aspects of IPC program implementation.
5. Support provincial/districts health offices and hospitals in the implementation of IPC program using best practices and successful approaches.
6. Work closely with the Country Representative to develop a strategy and plan of action for scaling up best practices in line with the MoH guidelines for new project development.
7. Lead the program team and ensure quality delivery of the program in line with the donor/ partner expectations, agreement and budget.
8. Develop training modules and materials for building capacity of health care professionals and hospitals in implementing good practices of IPC.
9. Write technical reports, project reports, concepts, research papers, survey reports etc.
Ensure financial monitoring of programs in accordance with standard operating procedure and donor guidelines and regulations with support from finance team
10. Build and strengthen, as required, networking with government, donors, project partners and other stakeholders
11. Any other work assigned by the supervisor.
1. First degree in health science; Medicines, Pharmacy or Public Health (master degree would be preferred).
2. Minimum 8 (eight) years of similar experience in the field of Health Science with government, private sector and/or NGOs or minimum 4 (four) year experience for master degree in similar above field of education.
3. Technical knowledge, programmatic experiences on IPC programs will be preferred.
4. Prior experience managing a public health program
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Excellent organizational, planning and coordination skills.
7. Demonstrative ability to multitask.
8. Strong office program computer skills, literacy in statistical software is an advantage.
9. Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
Application Deadline: Last date of receiving applications is October 11, 2020. However, Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as there is a suitable match. Hence, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a Covering Letter (with expected salary), mentioning the job title in the subject line along with their recent CV as a word/pdf document attachment to email: firstname.lastname@example.org