Position Title : Programme Assistant I (Health Care)
Duty Station : Tangerang
Organization Unit : Migration Health – Health Care Unit
Classification : General Service, Grade G-4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term contract for six months with possibility of extension, (the first six months shall be considered as probation period)
Report to : National Migration Health Officer (NMHO)
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 05 October 2020
- Provide assistance to NMHO to ensure that all health components of the project are implemented in line with logical frame works.
- Support monitoring and evaluation health program for asylum seekers/refugees/ irregular migrants under IOM care (IOM beneficaries) in IDCs and community accommodations in Jakarta and Tangerang area.
- Provide assistance in establishing, maintaining and monitoring health assistance for IOM beneficiary in IDCs in Tangerang area and interception sites in Central Region Indonesia area by providing regular field visitation.
- Liaise with IOM panel health facilities (primary, secondary and tertiary care facilities) to maintain quality assurance respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations.
- In close coordination with NMHO, liaise with relevant (health) authorities regarding the health issues of IOM beneficairies including their voice as well as inline within IOM Operations guideline.
- Provide assistance to NMHO, to identifies and make necessary arrangements for health service in IDC, community accomodation and and interception sites with secondary and tertiary care facilities for referral of migrants while respecting IOM procurement and financial procedures and regulations.
- In collaboration with third party primary clinical care providers, ensure that IOM health assistance for beneficiaries adheres to essentials of primary care principles, rational utilization of secondary and tertiary health care.
- Provide support on budget preparation and verifying day to day operational needs in providing primary care-based health service provisions and facilitation for preventive care and accessing secondary and tertiary care services including payment cycle to implementing partners.
- In collaboration with third party primary clinical care providers, ensure that emergency medical referral systems are establish in IDCs, community accommodations and interception sites and efficiently facilitate for medical needs in coordination with relevant authorities and IOM Health/Operations staff in the field.
- Provide assistance to NMHO to manage need assessment, and health behavior of irregular migrants on a regular basis and inform NMHO on intervention such as health promotion and other needs on a quarterly basis.
- Support medical information system by collecting, verifying and entering data from incoming invoices (from suppliers, and service providers) into standardized form of data entry file in timely manner.
- Assist NMHO in health assessment program such as immigration medical examination, PDMS (Pre-departure Medical Screening) and DHC (Departure Health Check) including preparing medical escorts kits, mobile health assessment Kits and other medical items, where the system in place.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree, preferably in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with at least two years of experience in health services; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge and experience in health services;
- Has working experience including in project management, administration and staff supervision;
- Experience in community development, public health and psychosocial fields related to health system;
- Prior experience working in health insurance and health promotion fields are advantages;
- Experience in liaising with governmental as well as national and international institutions preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of structures and functions of district health office and ministry of health;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Capacity to work effectively, strong strategic and creative thinking harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Proficient in computer applications: Ms-Office.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date,
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link : http://indonesia.iom.int/sites/default/files/Personal%20History%20Form.xls
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/041) as subject. The deadline for applications is 05 October 2020. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualifications will be considered