Vacancy – Researcher in Economics & Finance
Position: Researcher in Economics & Finance
Institute for Essential Services Reform (IESR) is an Indonesia think tank on energy and environment, based in Jakarta. IESR aims to accelerate low carbon energy transition in Indonesia and address its impacts to Indonesia economy and society. IESR produces facts and science based analysis for policy makers, stakeholders and general public.
IESR is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work on various research in economics and finance under energy and environmental theme. The selected person will be responsible to conduct analysis and research, writing up report, develop data-base on economic and finance, and should be able to communicate effectively in all level.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Interpreting research specifications and developing a work plan that satisfies requirements.
· Conducting desktop research, and using books, journal articles, newspaper sources, questionnaires, surveys, polls, and interviews to gather data.
· Conducting field research if needed/required, and gather data from primary sources.
· Following a strict code of ethics and protecting any confidential information at all times.
· Maintaining and protecting electronic database.
· Writing research report, briefing paper, and contribute to produce campaign/communication material/products.
· Writing proposals and delivering presentations when required.
· Work with a team of researchers within the organization.
· Work closely with program managers to identify research priorities.
· Strong background in economics/finance, minimum Master degree in economics and/or finance from reputable university preferable.
· Minimum 2 years research experience.
· An understanding of energy, climate, development, and finance issue is an advantage.
· Proven experience in research field.
· Sound understanding in research methodology.
· Sound understanding of data collection and practical in data-base management.
· Sound analytical skill.
· Strong statistic and mathematical aptitude.
· Problem solving skill.
· Attention to detail and exception written and communication skill.
· Professional English level both written and oral.
· Excellent with MS Office system or similar software.
· Excellent with economics, statistics and finance analysis tools/software or model.
Two years contract and can be extended, with 3 months’ probation. Expected starting in September 2020.
Salary and benefits are competitive and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualification and experiences.
How to apply
§ Candidate to download application form from IESR website;
§ Send the completed application form, together with an application letter and latest CV to email@example.com before August 15th, 2020.
§ Only qualified candidate will be called for interview.
– educating a brain without educating a heart is not educating –